Happy Friday the 13th! While in no way am I a superstitious person, some days I just have to wonder…. I forgot my laptop at home today, so I had to spend an extra hour in traffic driving back home and back to work again. Then, when I finally got back, I realized I had forgotten my power cord. Friends, some day are just not meant to be… and I’m afraid that day is today. But the good news is, it’s almost the weekend! Hopefully we all get a chance to relax, recharge and (for me at least) regain some sanity.
1. Malachite. I have been seeing this trend popping up in designs lately, and frankly… I love it! You all know my newfound love for Emerald. Malachite truly captures all the beatufiul green hues in the emerald spectrum. Sometimes I find it interesting that the patterns/textures/colors I am most drawn to are found in nature. But, then why should that be surprising? They are the most beautiful designs of all because they were created by God. It’s only natural that we should attempt to emulate their beauty in our design. 🙂
2. Snow. Winter is offically here… with -20 degrees windchill I think I can fairly say, it is cold outside. We’ve even had several snowy nights this week. (I suppose if it’s going to be cold, there ought to be snow.) But, for someone without a garage to conveniently heat my car safe from the elements, this weather can make life less than pleasant… Luckily, I have the next best thing. Every morning Jake braves the brutal temperatures to scrape both his car and mine before leaving, and (if I’m not running too late….) even starts my car while I finish getting around. With that kind of treatment, how can a girl complain? 😉
3. Christmas Decorating. Not everyone is able to decorate in the traditional ways for Christmas: namely, a Christmas tree and stockings on the mantle. For those who have homes sans fireplace, I love this as an alternative idea for hanging stockings! We are mantle-less this year as well and will probably not be doing stockings, but I am excited to share a little Christmas decorating we did last week with you all… Stay tuned next week for our ‘alternative’ Christmas tree 🙂
4. Chopped Salad. We made this salad for dinner on Wednesday night, and it turned out wonderful! I definitely recommend it for a nice change up from your typical salad routine. The pear and cranberries add fun texture and sweetness, offset perfectly by the salty addition of feta and bacon. Top it off with some balsamic vinaigrette and you have yourself one yummy salad!
5. Mint.com. Here is a little shout-out to the most helpful website of all time. I have some kind of intention of dedicating a whole post on this topic someday. But, for now, suffice to say that if you struggle with budgeting, don’t have time to count receipt totals, enjoy the modern tools of technology, or have bills and cards to juggle, you should be using this site. Mint is an online site that allows you to track every aspect of your financials all in one simple account with tracking, analyzing, and trending tools galore! (Can you say, ‘Accountant’s dream!’) It can remind you of upcoming bills, alert you when you’ve gone overbudget, and help you achieve financial goals. It’s cutting-edge (it’s absolutely top-of-the-line) makes it super user-friendly and easy to navigate for any user. I do understand that people have reservations about linking their bank accoutns and credit cards online, but Mint employs extreme measure to ensure your information stays secure. Try it out!
Happy weekend everyone! 🙂